It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Thursday, July 5, 2018

There is one in every crowd...

Even when it comes to "Climate Change" aka "Global Warming" Nonsense, I always am able to show evidence that the "Facts" are in dispute. 

There are some people who cannot accept TRUTH.  No matter what facts are presented, no matter what the source, the person will no counter with evidence or facts, but simply say it's all part of an "Agenda."

Yeah, I've met one of those.  He claims to have an open mind.  But he won't look at facts.  Typical in politics, of course.   

The man to whom I refer shall remain nameless, but I can provide some info:
1) He's from a "Blue" state (Actually, I preferred it when Blue meant GOP and Red (Commie) meant      Democrat.  It got switched by the media, and it's been stuck that way ever since.
2) He's an author.  And he's certainly done better with his books than I have with mine.  He's a poet,         too.  He's a musician.  These are all big pluses in my eyes.
3) He's an educator.  Well, nobody's perfect right?    He's also very strongly union.  And with the            territory, he's a "Resist Trump" kind of guy.

He had a poem on one of the social media networks.  It was a good poem, but I found a couple of parts to be .. well .. "off."  Best way to put it.  They just didn't seem right.
His tribute is to a man who recently took his own life (That, in itself, is just sad).  But he stated that he "Couldn't forgive" taking this route.  Well, we agree that it isn't the right route.

BUT... I advised him that the man in question had been bullied, harassed...on social media!
He wanted proof.  I gave him one link while looking for another.  And he immediately called my link "Driven by the conservative agenda."  THEN I provided the link to the bullying in question (Twitter archives).  AGAIN, he claimed propaganda.  Despite the fact that this was from the Twitter archives, he pretty much gave me the standard line, "I've made up my mind.  Don't try to confuse me with facts."

I was trembling with rage at that point.  Trying to type, but really unable to contain it....
I finished my line, he read the thing then said he was going to delete the whole thread.
Hmm.  Don't like the truth staring you in the face, I guess...

I'm debating what to do.  Cut him off from my lists?  Snooze him for a while?  Try to continue what's likely to become a media-wide conflagration?  Block? 

He then made a statement the he liked the poetry I have done, and wants to see more.  While this olive branch is a nice gesture and defused some of my heat, it still gives me the same feeling:  "I've made up my mind, so don't confuse me with the facts."

He's younger than I by a few years.  Will he ever see the light?  Probably not.  Apparently, the indoctrination is complete.

I opted to hide the poem in question.  He doesn't post all that much, so snoozing won't do much good.

Don't get me wrong.  I DID like the poem.  But sadly, it seems to be tempered with a fictional world view.

How will things play out in the future?  I don't know.  Honestly, I really don't.  That's the mindset in which I find too many..  AS I SEE IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment