It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Do I look like a FOOL? No, don't answer that.

Facebook, a place I swore I'd never go, has been part of my life for a while now.  You need to know how to block, hide spam, and you'll sometimes get Messages from those  with whom you've renewed friendships, or you might even start a new one from time to time.

But you all need to be on the alert.  Some of these folks are just Bill Collectors in disguise.  Or people pretending to be someone they're not.  Or you might find yourself being scammed.
 
Last night, I was on FB, and got a message from someone -- I don't remember ever accepting a request or sending one.  But there was a "mutual friend" on the list, so I dismissed the oddness of the timing.

But the message "volleyball" banter went like this:
 
  • Hello

    Charles

    Do u know Joseph Campbell

  • ME:

    Name isn't familiar...

    • HER:
      So you have heard about the empowerment program in conjunction with Facebook Active user Compensation bonus ,the program is to help people and maintain good standard of living of all the entire community,have you gotten any bonus money from Joseph Campbell yet?

      • ME:

        Not even heard of it.

        • HER:
          Oh I thought you have receive your Money,because I saw your name on the winners list when the ups came to my door step to deliver cash to me in person


          • ME:

            Truly, I know nothing about it. Received nothing, wasn't even aware of it!

            And I would be very suspicious if something just shows up out of nowhere. I have a view that things

            ARGH... I have a view that is something very odd happens that something funny is going on...

            • HER:

              Its an empowerment programme

              I was so surprised when they contacted me that they re coming to deliver the money to me


              I think you should talk to the agent on his Facebook contact link to claim yours from them ....click on the link http://www.Facebook.com/onlineclaimsofficer
              And add him as friend, he will tell you the next thing to do okay

            Hahahaha.  I'm going to click a blind link?  I think not.  I did a little research.  Joseph Cambell, I did a scan on Google with the term plus just one word.  What I found wasn't surprising:  SCAM.
             
            I'm still trying to figure out if the "middle account" -- that is the Mutual friend... Was hacked, or not.  Or if, somehow, I clicked a link that got me on a potential "sucker" list. 
             
            I looked up the person, since I didn't remember her.  What I found was a bit odd:  Graduated in Florida, apparently.  But why would an American spell "Program" with an extra "ME"?  That's not the American spelling.

            Right now, I'm trying to determine the best course of action.  Block?  Report?  Talk to the authorities? 

            If someone tells you about a "Facebook Empowerment Program" -- don't turn your back and walk off.  RUN.  Get out of the pond before the Piranha begin attacking.

            THAT is your Only choice -- AS I SEE IT. 
            BTW:  Sharon, if that's your real name... Just keep the scams to yourself.  I'm no sucker.  I'm no fool.  And I believe that you're in violation of the LAW.   Not Interested in your BS.

            11 comments:

            1. [6:08:07 PM] Them: hello
              [6:08:10 PM] Them: how are u doing?
              [6:08:15 PM] Them: are u there?
              [6:09:34 PM] Me: Hi sorry just noticed phone flash. Yes just having tea. How are you?
              [6:09:57 PM] Them: oh ok
              [6:10:04 PM] Them: how are u doing?
              [6:11:38 PM] Them: I just want to ask if you have heard about the good news in Town?

              [6:28:52 PM] Me: You mean about closure of HN?
              [6:31:44 PM] Mary-anne Pomering: So you haven't heard about the empowerment program in conjunction with Facebook Active user Compensation bonus?the program is to help people and maintain good standard of living of all the entire community,have you gotten any bonus money from Mr Larry yet?
              [6:49:10 PM] Them: hello
              [6:49:13 PM] Them: are u there?
              [6:55:53 PM] Me: Dont understand what your talking about sorry

              ReplyDelete
            2. Same thing happened to me, but the "agents" name was Rebecca. I think my friend was hacked.

              ReplyDelete
            3. Just happened to me think my friend has been hacked and it's sad she just joined facebook less then a month ago so she could stay in touch with her children and grandchildren now some ass has hacked her account sad!

              ReplyDelete
            4. it's still going on.... same thing just happened to me and someone else today.

              ReplyDelete
            5. Yep still going on got it from my father in law

              ReplyDelete
            6. Yep still going on got it from my father in law

              ReplyDelete
            7. Amazed that so much crapola can go on for so long and not get stopped.

              ReplyDelete
            8. This comment has been removed by the author.

              ReplyDelete
            9. Hacked my brother in laws account and tried to scam my dad. My brother in law is deaf and said he got a check for $450k because he was disabled.. and said since my dad was disabled he could get a check. Even told my dad “I collected my money this week” via messenger to try and convince him to send in money. But biggest warning bells (aside from free money) was bad spelling and “options” for how much money he could get depending on how much he sent in.

              ReplyDelete
            10. Still going on?! After 5 years?
              You telling me people aren't wising up?

              To quote a phrase..."SAD!"

              ReplyDelete
            11. Still going on! I got one yesterday from someone pretending to be a FB friend. :-(

              ReplyDelete