It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Job searches lead to spam!

People who use computers today have probably used online searches to help them find jobs.  I reviewed MONSTER a while back; they received a great big FAIL.  I wrote to them and told them what was going on.  They gave some hints.  I was using the Beta search.  That was the default mode; not good!  But you still cannot enter a small town and expect good results.  Enter a big city, or larger city, and you'll have better luck.  Well, the tips helped some.  But I don't like having to enter the name of a large city 30 miles away to get listings.  They improved their rating by those tips. 
 
But job searches can lead to spam.  If you use your email address in your resume, you must expect it.
 
Case in point is one my wife received recently--actually, she's had several "Spam" offers, although two of them seem to be with legitimate companies.  But some of them -- well, you can just tell!
 
The email received said her experience in the transportation industry was impressive and they wanted to utilize it.  Now, let me see -- tell me, if you can, where the problem is?
 
1.  Job held; cashier/snack bar associate, 7 years.
2.  Failed home business (Medical billing)
3.  Job held, data entry, 7 years
4.  Job held, data entry, 3 years
5.  Contract employee with a services for hire company (typing)
6.  Misc small jobs, mostly data entry.
 
TOTAL TIME spent in Transportation industry:  0 days.
 
VERY IMPRESSIVE, RIGHT?  SPOTLESS RECORD.
 
MY STARS, YOU IDIOTS...CAN'T YOU EVEN TAKE THE TIME TO READ WHAT'S THERE?!
 
The following response was aborted -- we decided not to send it.  It reads as follows:
 
I am appalled by your apparent lack of intelligence and your carelessness.
 
You are "impressed" with my "experience" in the transportation industry? You
FOOL, Nowhere in my resume does it indicate that I have ever been involved
In that industry.
 
Please TAKE YOUR SCAMS ELSEWHERE. I seek JOBS, not scams.
 
I guess this is part and parcel of the job search arena today.  ::sigh::
 
Today's rule:  IF YOU WANT THE JOB you must take the spam -- AS I SEE IT.
 
FREE Animations for your email - by IncrediMail! Click Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment