It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Unexpected gifts

Sometimes, a person gets an unexpected gift. Some are good, some are bad, some mean little, some mean a lot. And sometimes, the little gift--the unexpected gift-- means more than you can imagine.

I have very little hearing, anymore. I wear hearing aids, but they only compensate to a point. I've learned to live with my handicap, but there are times when I wish that handicap had been given to someone else. (Sorry, but it is true. I only wish the handicap hadn't been given to ME, anyway!)

Yet there are times-- infrequent, surprising...when I get a little gift.

The other day, I went outside to feed my horses. It's been very dry, there are grasshoppers everywhere. I'm not sure what the GPSQI is (Grasshoppers per square inch), but I'm guessing it's at least 5.

For some reason, my hearing was better that day. My hearing aids were compensating very well, or maybe I had a brief remission from the deafness that has affected me for over 30 years.

I stepped into the grass. Grasshoppers scattered. And when they landed... I could HEAR them landing. Sounded almost like rain! Not a cloud in the sky, it had to have been the grasshoppers. An unexpected gift--sound. Even in the middle of drought, a near plague of grasshoppers....SOUND.

Folks, take care of your hearing. Don't be afraid to get it checked. And don't be ashamed to wear a hearing aid. God gave us hearing so we could appreciate life a little more...and he took it away from some of us-- so we could appreciate our walk with HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment