It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Playing with a new toy

Toys come in many forms, shapes, and sizes. A vintage automobile, a tractor, a computer, a tool, a flashdrive, a snowmobile, a fishing rod--they all may classify as "toys".

I recently purchased a new "toy" to add to this computer: a webcam. It's a fun little item.

But I must admit this: I never realized that a computer-made video would be so big. I did a 30 second, 1 picture, animated captioning video--and I was shocked to find it was 7.5 MEGABYTES in size. That would mean a 2 minute video would be almost 30 Megs in size. Or so I thought.

I did a two minute, live action video. I was sitting, but not still-- talking, gesturing, swaying... when done, I saved the video. Then I checked the size of the saved video.

I FLIPPED. Did I miscalculate? I went back and triple checked my numbers. Nope, no mistake. 2 minute video-- 164 MEGS in size. More than 1/4 of a CD-Rom.
A DVD-Rom has more room, but 164 MEGS??

Is there a compressor? I'm on a dial-up connection, do you realize how long it would take to upload a 164 Meg file? I downloaded a file that was zipped file--it was 240 Megs. It took 36 hours.

HOW can I use this toy if it's going to make files that take up so much room?

Can ANYONE answer that?

No comments:

Post a Comment