It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Do you suppose they'll read this the way I intend?


I received an ad for a "Service contract" on an A/C unit.  But these folks (Who shall remain anonymous) know that we don't have a working unit.  They KNOW we were turned down for a chance at replacing it.  THEY KNOW.

I penned this very carefully worded letter.  I was very precise in my words. 
DO YOU THINK THEY'LL READ THIS THE WAY I MEAN IT TO BE READ?  Or will they get it wrong?
__________________________________________________

Thank you for offering your service maintenance contract to me.

However, do you not think that it would be more practical to offer such a service
to someone who actually has a working system?


Your agent was out here some time ago, and determined that our unit was irreparable.
We were declined for financial aid, and went on to a couple of other places for the loan, and had the same result each time. Therefore, we have been unable to replace our unit at all, and remain in a very uncomfortable situation until temps come down to a more tolerable level.

Therefore, for your financial well-being and a more tolerable misery level for us,
Please remove my name from your advertising until further notice. Unless we can get a working system, that could be quite some time.

IF, however, you care to see if you can actually fix this beast of a nonworking system, you are free to call to try to arrange a time and date. Be informed that I cannot continue to shell out $100.00 per service call which lasts only 1 or 2 minutes.

While I appreciate the offer, it is prodigal for both of us at this time, and even more so for me.

So, I once again request that you remove my name from your advertising ASAP, and until further notice.

Thank you.

_________________

This whole thing, if read aloud, is to be tinged with sarcasm.



No comments:

Post a Comment