It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Saturday, December 24, 2016

To PC or Not to PC: That is the question

I am not one to take offense at the mundane.  A Holiday greeting, appropriately worded for the person in question, is not offensive to me.  In fact, if you wish me a Happy Hanukkah, despite the fact that I am not following Judaism, I accept your wishes in good cheer.

I may not LIKE YOU  (I try to like everyone and in most cases I succeed) ...or your faith...it is irrelevant.  KINDNESS goes a long way.  And I love my family, all of them... wife's adoptive family, as well as her bio-family and my own...

I had gathered than one member of family had been raised in the Jewish faith.  Let me specify:  Not my "Immediate" family, but an in-law, we shall say.  Her sister was raised in the Christian faith (I am unsure of denomination, so I can't specify more).

Now, after a previous debate, I had determined that she was self-identified as Jewish.  I figured I would include her in a Facebook post, with a greeting of "Happy Hanukkah."

OY VEY, That was a mistake.  Is she ashamed of her upbringing?  This is the US, 2016, not Germany of 1933, despite what you are picturing as an incoming administration.

Although I am grateful she told me that she prefers a Christmas greeting (If any), I am somewhat saddened by getting cuffed in such a manner.

Still, I honored her wishes and removed her from the greeting.  I made a mistake assuming that she embraced Judaism, but we do occasionally step on toes.  If I were perfect, I'd be G_d.

However, it will not stop me from sending Wishes for a joyful season to her, or anyone.  I choose kindness.

To any and all:  Merry Christmas, Blessed Yule, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa.  If you don't like any of those, pick a generic.  It's not my place to guess what you prefer.  If you choose to take umbrage at my greeting, it is your choice.  I choose to give you a greeting.  I choose kindness.  How you act is not going to dictate my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment