It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Saturday, October 6, 2018

Ruffled feathers? Or Melting Snowflake?

If you're on Social Media, you're going to make your opinions known.
You'll step on toes, ruffle feathers, melt a snowflake or two.  It's Orwellian:  Tell the truth, get berated!

Today, in a group, someone wanted to know how to remove a Confederate Battle Flag from folks an app was showing  as ancestors when the pictures are not on your own tree.  Short answer:  You DON'T.

The conversation went like this.  (Edited to remove names)


On the app a few of my ancestors are listed with Confederate flag symbols. These are not on my tree. Does anyone know a way to remove them?
My Reply
If they aren't on your tree, I'd say it's NOYB if they are there or not


You cannot remove something from someone else's tree. If you think you can find them, and then ask them to remove it, you're certainly welcome to try, but I think you'd get blocked. (Just my opinion)
"Southern Pride" is a real thing. And so is history. History won't change, regardless of how one tries to "Sanitize" it.


And the person's reply:


 I was asking how I can change it on my side and nothing else. I never asked for your political viewpoint

(End of Conversation)


Exactly what did I say that was "Political" here?  That it's No of her business what the other party has up?
 That "Southern Pride" was real?  Or was it my remark about trying to "Sanitize" History?

 The world has all types.  Some people want to use the Battle Flag for Heritage Purposes, Not for racist Extremism.
I was born in the North.  I live in the South, now.
In the 60s and 70s, where I grew up, racism and racist attitudes were rare, if  not non-existent.
I did reports on Harriet Tubman (nee Ross), Crispus Attucks and Dr. Charles Drew.
People weren't being singled out by hyphenating ethnic origin.  We were White, Black or Mongoloid, with Indian thrown in for good measure.

That's all.

Anyway, I replied AGAIN:  "The Only was is to track down those who used the picture and have them remove it."

Do I "LIKE" seeing the Battle Flag anywhere?  Not really.  But neither is it my place to demand its removal.

If you're so worried about "Offending" someone, You might as well go somewhere where you won't.  Antarctica comes to mind.
Sahara Desert.  Death Valley
Or find a nice little place in the Alaska Triangle, Bermuda Triangle or Siberia.

You can't please everyone.  If you try, you'll offend everyone INCLUDING yourself.

That's the meat of the matter:  AS I SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment