It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

When I blunder

When I blunder, I tend to blunder big.  It's generally due to thoughtlessness.  I suppose I should have seen the other side of the story, but I did not.

I took a meme that I saw on Twitter.  I didn't edit in any way, but posted it to Facebook.  And I apparently screwed up big time when I did that.  I blundered badly, blowing beyond belief.  I've been taken to task; I, unfortunately, cannot refute the logic used.  It doesn't change my opinion on the issue, but I was an insensitive boob, a total munch.  Sometimes, I need to stop and think how it really looks.  I did not do that this time; it makes me look like an intolerant, anti-Semitic jerk.  I fear I may have damaged the relationship and I may have destroyed more than I could repair.

A simple "I'm sorry," isn't really adequate.  And yet, I have nothing else to offer.  I don't even have the slightest idea how to begin.

I'm beating myself up over this... it's apparent bigotry, from which I thought I had at least some immunity.  It doesn't change facts, but it does make me take a long, hard look at myself.

D.F, I am asking you to forgive my stupidity.  Sometimes (And all too often) I tend to act before I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment