It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Ease on down the road.

1 PM in FL on 1-13-2012, with "Supposedly" 343 days until the end of the world.  :)  Temp isn't even 50 degrees, but not uncomfortable.  I have no vehicle available today (at this hour) so I decide I'm going to walk to the store.  It's about 1 mile away.My walking speed used to be about 4 MPH, Recently, though, I've been averaging about 2.8.  I'm not as fast as I used to be.

I left my meds at home (Foolish) and walked down to the store.  Then I decided to try something.  Is it even possible that I might be able to double my pace?  Can I get the mile in 12 minutes/  It requires me to try a slow run.  I have COPD, such a run may prove to be stupid.  But I decide I will try.

I doubled my pace ... for about a minute.  I was thoroughly winded afterwards.  It was stupid, I guess, to try.  I continued walking...and about 5 minutes later tried again... I didn't even make a minute, that time.

I know this old body of mine ain't in the condition it could be, especially not the lungs.  But I tried.  I did not succeed.

Is there any reason to be discouraged?  Not really.  I didn't expect to be able to do much.
Is there any reason to be ENCOURAGED?  Again, not really.  I wasn't able to double my pace, although I may have picked it up slightly.

I'm just old.  Bodies wear out after time.  Mine is wearing out faster because of COPD.  But I find it slightly promising that I was able to do ANYTHING.  That I am still able to walk 4-6 miles a week is pleasing.

So, I'm getting old.  I can't run a marathon.  Can't cover a mile in under 20 minutes anymore.  but I CAN still walk.  I guess that's something....AS I SEE IT

No comments:

Post a Comment