It's all about TRUTH.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TRUTH
Location is determined by position
Evidence will vary by location.
Facts will change according to evidence.
But TRUTH is unchanging.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

An old poem of mine

Many years ago, I wrote a poem called "Ode to a dollar bill" It's quite significant today, and I was trying to post it on Twitter. But it's really too long for that, so I'm putting it here. (There have been some unintentional changes, I'm sure!)

ODE TO A DOLLAR BILL

What's this in my pocket?
Oh my word, it's GREEN!
Could this be a dollar bill?
It reminds me of one I've seen!
How did I come about this?
In my pockets, so rarely seen;
Is this really a DOLLAR BILL?
It's an omen! What does it mean?

I've got to show this to my friends
around work, the lanes, the Church.
I've got to show this to my wife (Maybe I'd better NOT!);
they've left her in the lurch.

Here comes a friend, I'll take it out.
Oh Gawd, where did it go?
It vanished into the great beyond?
My GAWD, WHERE DID IT GO?!

I hadn't seen one in a year or more...
Now it's gone...
down the street, a cry of glee....
Someone found a dollar bill........

No comments:

Post a Comment